Well, a few days ago I decided that I wanted to cook soup for dinner, it's actually a Dutch soup and it's called 'groente soup' a.k.a vegetable soup.....but like the Chinese that likes to europeanise their Chinese food I too have turned the Dutch soup into Chinese style soup, sort of., LOL
For the Dutch, they normally put in pork, pork meat and meat balls with fine chopped vegetable (spring onions, carrots, cauliflower), they'll also add in maggie powdered taste enhancer, vegetable soup cubes and last but not least 4 liters of water....and they or my in-laws normally will boil their soup in a pressure pan...
2 years ago, I thought why don't I do it in the slow cooker instead, with all the above same ingredients I will put into the slow cooker and I will also add in red dates, 'kei chee' and dried longans and with the low indication simmer it over night...the next morning, I will add in chinese mushroom and taufoo as well and continue simmering for another few hours till dinner time.
(Sorry, almost finish then remember to take picture)
The result of the soup, wowwiieee, very yummy and sweet and very easy to prepare, cook a pot of rice and there you go, dinner is served......easy peasy for this lazy mammi....and the girls just love the taste of the soup.
4 comments:
Hmmm... looks yummy. I yet have to try this soup Joann. Siok juga bah kita share our meals here through blogging kan... I find it fun to do that. Maybe some of our friends can share theirs too. How about it ladies?
Yeah Dora, especially when I am stuck with ideas, ada juga idea from others as what to cook kan...:)
I love soup ... bah nanti sia try ni :p
trylah Fiona, kasih tau nanti ah kalau sedap kah tidak ah....:)
Post a Comment